Archimedes was a Greek mathematician, scientist and all-around ubergenius who discovered the laws of the lever, which in playground terms is basically a teeter-totter. The idea of levers and balance inspired Matt Buchanan to enter (and win!) the 2012 Marbles Game Design Contest with a game aptly named Rock Me Archimedes.
Combining strategy, skill and a little bit of luck, the game consists of a wooden board that rocks like a teeter totter, a special die and 28 marbles. To win, just be the first player to oh-so-carefully get four marbles to your end of the board without reaching the tipping point, causing it to touch the table.
Out of Stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
• The Idea : Get four marbles to the end of the board without reaching the tipping point to win.
• The Brain : Engage your parietal and frontal lobes with critical thinking and visual perception
• The Ah-Ha! : Move for the goal or try to unbalance your opponent - there’s two ways to win.
• Brain Category : Critical Thinking
• Recommended Age : 8+
• Includes : 1 Wooden rocker board, 1 Wooden platform, 1 Marble tray, 1 Die, 12 Black marbles, 12 White marbles
• Number of Players : 2