Make Your Own Volcano Science Kit
With this easy, safe and fun kit you can recreate the spectacular sight of an eruption of a mini-Vesuvius in your own home or classroom.
Discover fascinating facts about volcanoes and learn more about them in five exciting volcano-related activities:
- Make a simple lava lamp
- Make a model of a volcano and reproduce an eruption
- Sticky runny stuff: viscosity, magma composition and lava flow
- Honeycomb: produce your own edible version of gas filled volcanic rock
- Food fun: replicate a bubbling mud pool
Great for school projects or fun anytime.
This activity kit is produced by Museum Victoria as part of the Dynamic Earth series. The instructional booklet has story board instructions for each activity which are well written and easy to follow.
The contents are:
- 150g sachet of gypsum (plaster of Paris)
- 15ml sachet of red vinegar
- 5g sachet of bicarbonate of soda
- Plastic vial
- Cardboard template for cone
- Set of paints and brushes
- Wooden stirrer
- Drinking straw and
- Full colour instructional booklet
Recommended for ages eight and over. Not suitable for children aged three years and under.