Fathers Day Gifts - 1100+ Gift Ideas For Dad
When Is Father's Day In Australia 2021?
In Australia, it is always the first Sunday of September. This year it's on Sunday 4th of September 2022. However, it's different in the USA & the UK where it's on the 3rd Sunday, 19th June 2022.
Why We Celebrate Father's Day
Similar to Mother's Day, Fathers Day is a way we honour fathers for their great influence and the bonds we share with them. The history of Father's Day started in 1907 and it was to honour the men who died in a mining accident. However, it was first celebrated as Father's Day in 1909 which was proposed by Sonora Dodd of Spokane, Washington USA. Learn more about the Origins of Father's Day.
Last Minute Father's Day Gifts Australia
Did you leave your shopping till the last minute again? Don't worry - we've got you covered! With a range of last minute gifts for Father's Day, you're sure to find the perfect present in no time. Here are a few quick tips when shopping for last minute Father's Day gifts.
- Always check out with Express Delivery. Within Australia from capital city to capital city deliveries are much quicker. In regional Australia, you won't be so lucky as you might have to wait for between 2- 6 business days depending on your location.
- Processing Time of 1-2 days is a must. Our gift ideas can take a little longer to send so make sure it says 1-2 days.
- Daily cut off times are around 11.30 am so ensure you order the night before or early in the morning to have the best chance of getting it sent on the same day.
- Personalised Father's Day gifts can take longer to process so if you're shopping at the last minute try to avoid any custom made gifts.
- Our final tip: Try to remember to shop at least 3 weeks before Fathers day next year to avoid all the necessary stress and rush.
What Are Good Fathers Day Gifts?
A difficult yet interesting question to answer because we all want the best father's day gift ideas without having to put in much time. In reality, we all need to spend a little time buying an amazing gift to make dad smile. What we strongly advise all our customers is to determine what your dad might like for his Fathers Day present before visiting any website. As a start, sit down and set aside 5-10 minutes without distractions to list down your dad's interests, hobbies, thing's he likes to do in his spare time, possible tools or gadgets he might need to upgrade and also list down what you got him for the last 2 years.
Hopefully, with this detailed list, you can start to understand your dad and what good father's day gift ideas would make your dad extremely happy this year. Don't forget we have a silly amount of gifts for men that are perfect for any occasion.
5 Tips To Finding Perfect Father's Day Gift Ideas
There are so many cool gifts you can get dad however what makes it perfect is if you actually paid attention to what he really wants or needs.
- Has your dad been going on about that new tool or movie or something that he keeps talking about and does not have? This is a good place to start.
- Does your father have holes in all his socks? Or even old clothing that he just keeps wearing because he couldn't be bothered to buy new ones? There's your next hint.
- Has your dad been talking all about going to that fancy new restaurant? Or want to go camping? Book it in.
- Does your dad deserve a day off? Why not help him with his chores. Mow that lawn, clean the gutters, fix that broken door, etc. You can literally find hundreds of things he didn't get around to fixing yet and do it or hire someone to do it for him.
- Got an awesome dad and you just want him to know it? Put together a gift pack. There are so many gifts that say dad is the best / awesome. From mugs, socks, metal signs. t-shirts, whiskey glass, etc.
Why You Should Avoid The Safe Gifts
Australia is one of the luckiest countries in the world. We have the ability to source and find the best gifts from anywhere on the planet. That's why it's always a shame to see people buying their dad the same type of gift each year. Avoid safe gift ideas like a boring tie, socks, bottle opener, travel mug, car accessories, or a gift card.
Tip: Get your dad his personalised Father's Day gifts from our selection of funny t-shirt or awesome hampers. We also have a great range of gift ideas for dad.
How To Budget For Your Fathers Day Gift?
When it comes to gift-giving, we all want to give our dads the best Father's Day gifts possible. But sometimes, that can be a little difficult when it comes to budgeting. Here are a few tips on how to budget for your Fathers Day gifts while still getting your dad something he'll love:
- Look for Fathers Day sales and discounts online and offline.
- Use a buy now and pay later scheme. We offer AfterPay and Zipay which are great to help you spread out the costs of your gifts.
- Pool your money together. Ask your siblings or mother if they would like to get a Fathers day gift together.
What To Put In A Fathers Day Gift Basket?
Firstly, a Father's Day gift basket would mainly consist of gift items that your dad would love. This can be anything from tools and electronics, to beer and barbecue sets. Building your own gift basket would mean you can get only things he would love and need rather than a bunch of items he'll never use.
If you have a list of your dad's interests, hobbies, and things he already owns, this would be a great start to determine other items to go in your gift basket. Don't forget your gift basket can be placed in any type of basket and it doesn't even need to be wrapped up. Just make sure you have a nice Fathers day card and a sweet yet warm message for him.
Father's Day Gift Ideas For The Dad Who Has Everything?
Most dads love buying stuff and when they accumulate a bunch of stuff does it mean they have everything? Not necessarily. There will always be a gift you can get your dad even if he's extremely fussy or hard to buy for. Start by listing his interest and hobbies. From here you can start looking at what he already owns. You can easily find a suitable gift with the following tips.
- From what he already owns, can I upgrade an item? Can I buy something that goes well with what he already has?
- Does my dad have something missing from his tool collection, golf set, shoe collection, etc.
- Will my dad enjoy an experience gift? For example, if he's a sporty dad and is starting out with golf you could get him lessons at your local golf course.
Father's Day Gifts For Grandpa
Sometimes we forget that grandpas are also fathers and they deserve a beautiful father's day gift. Our selection of amazing gifts for grandads is thoughtful and creative which will be well received by any grandfather.
What Do You Recommend For First Father's Day Gifts
Finding your partner's first father's day gifts can be challenging. However, all new dads would love a personalised apron or t-shirt with their newborn kids name on it. We have a great collection of father's day gifts for young dads that is worth checking out. Dads celebrating Fathers Day for the first time is an extra special moment and they will always remember their child's birthdays and Father's day with great joy.
Should I Get My Husband A Father's Day Gift?
Yes and no! This highly depends on how old your children are. If they are not old enough to buy their father a gift then yes of course. Include them in your father's day gift selection and make sure you set a budget with them.
However, if your children can buy their own gifts, you should encourage them to think of a gift they want to get for their father instead of doing it for them. This will help your children build a relationship with their dad.
How To Write The Best Father's Day Message?
When it comes to writing a sweet message for your dad, the message inside is just as important as the gift itself. Here are a few tips on how to write the best Father's Day message for your dad this year:
- Start by telling your dad how much you love and appreciate him.
- Mention something about his fatherly qualities that you love and appreciate.
- Thank your dad for all the amazing things he's done for you throughout your life.
- Add an experience or moment that you both share that's very memorable to you.
- Tell your dad what he's done this year that you are impressed about.
When Should I Get My Father's Day Gifts?
The short answer is always 3 weeks before the date. Australia is notoriously large and also known for some unexpected delays, especially with deliveries going to country Australia. Always shop as early as possible due to long wait times for deliveries and to avoid disappointment.
If you are getting a gift or buying something months before Father's Day, you could bundle your dad's gift because getting it early could mean saving money and also never being late with your present.
How To Gift Wrap Your Father's Day Gifts?
There are many ways to style your Father's Day gift wrapping. You could go with the traditional wrapping paper or even try using a nice basket or box if you're looking for a classy finish. You can also get creative with some craft materials and make a really personalised wrapping paper just for him. If you need more inspiration just do a quick search online.
An alternative option is to head over to a larger shopping centre as some offer free gift wrapping for special occasions.
Let's Make Dad Happy!
Now that you've read through our tips on finding the perfect fathers day gifts we hope you can put them into practice this Father's Day. Remember that understanding your dads' hobbies and needs is your first step and that you also need an epic message accompanied by some decent gift wrapping skills. It's not hard to give the best dad the best gift he'll love that will make him smile from ear to ear. Have a fun day with your family, enjoy the time you spend together and don't forget to tell your daddy that you love him.
Common Questions On Father's Day Gifts
Where to buy Fathers Day Gifts?
Check all the mainstream websites like eBay and Amazon however smaller niche sites like DadShop can provide a huge benefit with a wide variety of novelty and unique Father's Day gifts that are harder to find on most online store or retail outlets.
Should I Get A Fathers Day Gifts From My Son and or Daughter?
Yes, we highly recommend buying a fathers day gift from your child to their father especially if they are of younger age. This is a common practice amoung most families in Australia and a great idea for new dads to make a new best friend.
Are Father's Day Beer Gifts Good?
Yes! If he is a guy who drinks beer then he'll love a collection of his favourite beer and it could be the perfect fathers day gift. You could also try mixing some craft beers and placing them in a nice gift basket to a unique and classy touch to your gift.
Should I Get A Father's Day Gifts For My Boyfriend?
Yes, why not. If he's acting like a father to your child then this could be a great start to building a bond between your boyfriend and your child. It's a good idea to discuss this first-hand with your boyfriend to avoid any misunderstanding or conflict.
Do I Need To Get Fathers Day Gifts For My Stepdad?
The answer to this question comes with another question. Are you comfortable with getting your stepfather a father's day present? If you are not ready then don't force yourself. You can speak with someone that knows you best and get some advice. Otherwise, you could start with a Father's Day card and go from there.
Are personalised Father's Day gifts Good?
You bet your bottom dollar they are. Good personalised fathers day gifts should consist of a gift that he would appreciate and want to use. For example, if your dad loves his bbq then a World's Best Dad apron with your name and birth year on it would be a great Father's Day gift.
Dad keepsakes can be a great way to commemorate Father's Day. You could get him a special journal that he can fill with his photos, life's moments, experiences and wise words to pass on to you as a gift. These types of gifts are a great way for kids to get to know their fathers.
What Are Dad Keepsakes and Are They A Good Gift?
Keepsakes are objects that are kept as a reminder of a person or event. They can be made from any material, including metal, wood, plastic, or glass. People usually keep keepsakes as a way to remember happy memories and feelings. Some people also believe that keepsakes bring good luck.
Dad keepsakes can be a great way to commemorate Father's Day. You could get him a special journal that he can fill with his photos, life's moments, experiences and wise words to pass on to you as a gift. These types of gifts are a great way for kids to get to know their father.