Last Updated On: 20th Sep 2023
What Are Good Father's Day Gifts?
We all want to get the perfect Father's Day gifts but don't want to invest too much time looking for one. We all need to spend a little time buying an amazing gift to make Dad smile. We strongly advise all our customers to determine what your dad might like for his Father's Day present before visiting any websites. As a start, sit down and set aside 5-10 minutes without distractions to list down your dad's interests, hobbies, things he likes to do in his spare time, possible tools or gadgets he might need to upgrade and also list down what you got him for the last 2 years.
Hopefully, with this detailed list, you can understand your dad and what good Father's Day gift ideas would make your dad extremely happy this year. Don't forget we have a silly amount of gifts for men that are perfect for any occasion.
Last Minute Father's Day Gifts Australia
Did you leave your shopping till the last minute again? Don't worry - we've got you covered! With a range of last-minute gifts for Father's Day, you're sure to find the perfect present in no time. Here are a few quick tips when shopping for last-minute Father's Day gifts.
- Always check out with Express Delivery. Deliveries are much quicker in Australia, from major city to major city. In regional Australia, you won't be so lucky as you might have to wait between 2- 6 business days, depending on your location.
- Processing Time of 1-2 days is a must. Our gift ideas can take a little longer to send, so make sure it says 1-2 days.
- Daily cut-off times are around 11.30 am, so ensure you order the night before or early in the morning to have the best chance of getting it sent on the same day.
- Personalised Father's Day gifts can take longer to process, so if you're shopping at the last minute, try to avoid any custom-made gifts.
- Our final tip: Remember to shop at least 3 weeks before Father's Day next year to avoid all the necessary stress and rush.
When Is Father's Day In Australia 2023?
In Australia, it is always the first Sunday of September. This year it's on Sunday 3rd of September 2023.
Like Mother's Day, Father's Day is a way to honour fathers for their significant influence and the bonds we share with them. The history of Father's Day started in 1907, and it was to honour the men who died in a mining accident. However, it was first celebrated as Father's Day in 1909, which Sonora Dodd of Spokane, Washington, USA, proposed.
5 Tips To Finding Perfect Father's Day Gift Ideas
There are so many incredible gifts you can get, Dad. However, what makes it perfect is if you pay attention to what he wants or needs.
- Has your dad been going on about that new tool or movie or something he keeps talking about and does not have? This is a good place to start.
- Does your father have holes in all his socks? Or even old clothing he keeps wearing because he couldn't afford to buy new ones? There's your next hint.
- Has your dad been talking all about going to that fancy new restaurant? Or want to go camping? Book it in.
- Does your dad deserve a day off? Why not help him with his chores? Mow that lawn, clean the gutters, fix that broken door, etc. You can find hundreds of things he didn't fix yet and do it or hire someone to do it for him.
- Got an awesome dad, and you want him to know it? Put together a gift pack. There are so many gifts that say Dad is the best / awesome. From mugs, socks, and metal signs. T-shirts, whiskey glasses.
Why You Should Avoid The Safe Gifts
Australia is one of the luckiest countries in the world. We have the ability to source and find the best gifts from anywhere on the planet. That's why it's always a shame to see people buying their dad the same type of gift each year. Avoid safe gift ideas like a boring tie, socks, bottle opener, travel mug, car accessories, or a gift card.
Tip: If Dad loves his beer, why not find him a beer gift that's unique and tailored to his taste from our selection of funny t-shirts or awesome hampers? Don't get lazy when looking for your dad's gift; always try to use websites to get a list of well-suited gift ideas.
How To Budget For Your Father's Day Gift?
When it comes to gift-giving, we all want to give our dads the best Father's Day gifts possible. But sometimes, that can be a little difficult when it comes to budgeting, especially when they are gifts for employees. Here are a few tips on how to budget for your Father's Day gifts while still getting your dad something he'll love:
- Look for Father's Day sales and discounts online and offline.
- Use a buy now and pay later scheme. We offer AfterPay and Zipay, which are great to help you spread out the costs of your gifts.
- Pool your money together. Ask your siblings or mother if they would like to get a Father's Day gift together.
What To Put In A Father's Day Gift Basket?
Firstly, Father's Day hampers would mainly consist of gift items that your dad would love. This can be anything from tools and electronics to beer and barbecue sets. Building your own gift basket would mean you can get only things he would love and need rather than a bunch of items he'll never use. A good tip is if he loves whisky, then get him a whisky gift that he'll want to use.
If you have a list of your dad's interests, hobbies, and things he already owns, this would be a great start to determining other items in your gift basket. Don't forget your gift basket can be placed in any basket and doesn't need to be wrapped up. Ensure you have a nice Father's Day card and a sweet yet warm message for him.
Father's Day Gift Ideas For The Dad Who Has Everything?
Most dads love buying stuff, and when they accumulate a bunch of stuff, does it mean they have everything? Not necessarily. If he loves golf or fishing, we're willing to bet that he'll love our ideas in this golfing gifts blog post and from our fishing gift ideas for Dad. There will always be a gift you can get your dad, even if he's exceptionally fussy or hard to buy for. Start by listing his interests and hobbies. From here, you can start looking at what he already owns. You can easily find a suitable gift with the following tips.
- From what he already owns, can I upgrade an item? Can I buy something that goes well with what he already has?
- Does my dad have something missing from his tool, fishing kit, shoe collection, etc.?
- Will my dad enjoy an experience gift? For example, if he's a sporty dad starting a new hobby in golf, you could get him lessons at your local golf course.
Father's Day Gifts For Grandpa
Sometimes we forget that grandpas are also fathers, and they deserve a beautiful Father's Day gift. Our selection of amazing gifts for Grandads is thoughtful and creative, which will be well received by any grandfather. Read our blog post on how to find Dad the best sentimental gift and become an expert in no time. Or perhaps you're looking for the most unique Father's Day gifts for Grandpa?
What Do You Recommend For First Father's Day Gifts
Finding your partner's first Father's Day gifts can be challenging. However, all new dads would love a personalised apron or t-shirt with their newborn kids' names on it. We have a great collection of Father's Day gifts for all types of dads. Dads celebrating Father's Day for the first time is an extra special moment, and they will never forget their child's birthdays and Father's Day with great joy.
Should I Get My Husband A Father's Day Gift?
Yes and no! This highly depends on how old your children are. If they are not old enough to buy their father a gift, yes, of course. Please include them in your Father's Day gift selection and set a budget with them.
However, if your children can buy their own gifts, you should encourage them to think of a gift they want to get for their father instead of doing it for them. This will help your children build a relationship with their dad.
How To Write The Best Father's Day Message?
When it comes to writing a sweet message for your dad, the message inside is just as important as the gift itself. Here are a few tips on how to write the best Father's Day message for your dad this year:
- Start by telling your dad how much you love and appreciate him.
- Mention something about his fatherly qualities that you love and appreciate.
- Thank your dad for all the amazing things he's done for you throughout your life.
- Add an experience or moment you both share that's very memorable.
- Tell your dad what he's done this year that you are impressed about.
When Should I Get My Father's Day Gifts?
The short answer is always 3 weeks before the date. Australia is notoriously large and also known for some unexpected delays, especially with deliveries going to country Australia. Always shop as early as possible due to long delivery wait times and avoid disappointment.
If you are getting a gift or buying something months before Father's Day, you could bundle your dad's gift because getting it early could mean saving money and also never being late with your present.
How To Gift Wrap Your Father's Day Gifts?
There are many ways to style your Father's Day gift wrapping. You could go with traditional wrapping paper or even use a lovely basket or box if you want a classy finish. You can also get creative with some craft materials and make a really personalised wrapping paper just for him. If you need more inspiration, do a quick search online.
An alternative option is to head to a more significant shopping centre, as some offer free gift wrapping for special occasions.
Let's Make Dad Happy!
Now that you've read through our tips on finding the perfect Father's Day gifts, we hope you can put them into practice this Father's Day. Remember that understanding your dad's hobbies and needs is your first step and that you also need an epic message accompanied by some decent gift-wrapping skills. It's not hard to give the best dad the best gift he'll love that will make him smile from ear to ear. Don't forget to make sure you have a fun day with your family. Enjoy your time together, and remember to tell your daddy you love him.
Common Questions On Father's Day Gifts
Where to buy Fathers Day Gifts?
Check all the mainstream websites like eBay and Amazon; however, smaller niche sites like DadShop can provide a huge benefit with a wide variety of novelty and unique Father's Day gifts that are harder to find in most online stores or retail outlets.
Should I Get A Father's Day Gifts From My Son and or Daughter?
Yes, we highly recommend buying a Father's Day gift from your child to their father, especially if they are younger. This is a common practice among most families in Australia and a great idea for new dads to make a new best friend.
How To Make Father's Day Special?
Besides getting him an awesome gift, you should consider doing something special with him. You can do them as a family, with your siblings, or just you and Dad. No matter what you decide, if you need some inspiration on activities or how to make him feel special on Father's Day, check out our gift guide section for more great resources.
Are Father's Day Beer Gifts Good?
Yes! If he occasionally likes cracking a cold one, we've got a huge range of beer gifts just for Dad. Alternatively, a quick and easy present would be to get him some of his favourites, and you're set. You could also try mixing some craft beers and placing them in a nice gift basket to a unique and classy touch to your gift.
Should I Get A Father's Day Gifts For My Boyfriend?
Yes, why not? If he's acting like a father to your child, this could be a great start to building a bond between your boyfriend and your child. Discussing this first-hand with your boyfriend is a good idea to avoid misunderstanding or conflict.
Do I Need To Get Father's Day Gifts For My Stepdad?
The answer to this question comes with another question. Are you comfortable with getting your stepfather a Father's Day present? If you are not ready, then don't force yourself. You can speak with someone who knows you best and get some advice. Otherwise, you could start with a Father's Day card and go from there.
Are Personalised Father's Day Gifts Good?
You bet your bottom dollar they are. Personalised Father's Day gifts should include a gift he would appreciate and want to use. For example, a World's Best Dad apron with your name and birth year would be a great Father's Day gift if your dad loves his BBQ.
What Are Dad Keepsakes and Are They A Good Gift?
Keepsakes are objects that are kept as a reminder of a person or event. They can be made from any material, including metal, wood, plastic, or glass. People usually keep keepsakes as a way to remember happy memories and feelings. Some people also believe that keepsakes bring good luck.
Dad keepsakes can be a great way to commemorate Father's Day. You could get him a special journal that he can fill with his photos, life's moments, experiences and wise words to give you as a gift. These types of gifts are a great way for kids to get to know their father.