Father's Day (Australia) Is On Sunday, 4 September Father's Day 2022
Guide To Find Out What Gifts Will Suite My Dad
The best way to determine the best type of gift for your dad is first to understand him. What are his passions, interest or hobbies? Spend about 10 minutes listing all the things you know about your dad. You can even create sub-branches of his hobbies for example if he likes golf you can create a sub-branch like putting, golf course, etc. This sub-branch can be very useful to find suitable father's day gifts ideas that are related to what he likes. If all fails we have a great range of personalised gifts like aprons and t-shirts are just the perfect unique gift ideas.
Why It's Important To Show Dad You Care
Most dads won't admit it but just like your mum, they would appreciate a little tender loving care every now and then. Some pampering and even the occasional "I love you daddy" would make them feel happy and loved. Being a man, they don't typically show affection as much as women and some dads might even find it hard to show their children any affection. Your dad might have his own way to show affection, that's why it's imperative that you show your father how much he means to you as this simple act could help establish and nurture both your relationships.
Learn more about the origins of Father's Day.
Guide On How To Make My Dad Feel Extra Special On Father's Day
On Father's Day, it's all about making dad feel loved and appreciated. So go above and beyond to make this day special for him. Whether you cook him breakfast in bed, take him out for a special lunch, or just spend quality time together, let him know how much he means to you. And don't forget to give him a well written, heartfelt card along with an amazing gift to let him know just how much you care.
Here's a quick example of how you can make your dad feel extra special. Let's say you got your dad a whisky gift pack which includes a whiskey glass, whiskey rocks and a cool t-shirt saying he's the best dad in the world. The gifts themselves are great and very thoughtful however, to give it a special touch you could do something nice for your father. For example mow the lawn, clean out his tools or car. Watch a movie with him, go for a nice stroll around the neighbourhood.
It's not always the gift box that he'll remember the most, it's the quality time you spend with your dad that will be the memories he'll cherish and love the most and not to mention make your dad smile.
I Forgot Father's Day This Year Is That Bad?
If you celebrated mother's day then and forgot father's day then yes that's one of the worse scenarios you can be in. There's no excuse to forget your dad so set a reminder so you never forget father's day again. However, getting a last minute fathers day gift can be a good way to say sorry. So just remember it's never too late to get a fathers day gift especially when you've forgotten it.
4 Tips For Budgeting My Fathers Day Gifts
Here are a couple of great tips we can give you to ensure you stay within your budget this Father's Day.
- Buy now pay later with AfterPay or Zip. Make use of these payment plans as you can break up your costs into a couple of monthly or weekly payments. This is a great way to lower the upfront costs but keep in mind the total amount you spend should also be within your budget.
- Group buying. If you have siblings you could do a group buy with them. Everyone can pool their money together increasing your overall budget. This way you can all spend within your budget but have a much larger buying power.
- Don't overspend on large ticket items. Let's say your dad really needs a new mobile phone. The worse thing you can do is out of pocket yourself buying him a $1,000 phone only to realise that's not what he wanted. Always stick with what you are comfortable spending.
- Our last advice is to not skimp on the purchase. If you can afford to spend $20 on a fantastic pair of dad socks but instead pick 10 pairs of socks for $10, then you're under-budgeting. Cheaper products are frequently made with lesser-quality materials and may make your present seem less personal. However, you may be able to find a discount on the same item from another vendor that could help you save some money.
So What Father's Day Gifts Do You Suggest?
Ask yourself what did I get dad over the past 2 - 3 years? Have I been getting the same type of fathers day gifts for my dad year in and year out? If you have, then it might be time to try something new and get your dad a gift he's never received before. Not every guy is hard to buy for.
We strongly suggest that you determine his interest first as this will be the base of getting him something different this year. With this in mind, some of the best gifts are already in our categories browse through them and from your list of interests you can easily shop in the right category. Here are a few categories we recommend: gifts for his garage, golf gifts for dad, or fishing gifts for dad.
We also recommend personalised father's day gifts as this is one of the best ways to get him a gift that he can wear or show the world.
Here are a few examples of bad gift suggestions.
- A bottle opener for a new dad is not the right way to celebrate dads special day. However, buying your dad a case of his favourite beer might do the trick.
- Getting your dad an expensive memorabilia for star wars only to find out that his favourite movie of all time was the Godfather.
- Getting your dad a beer mug only to realise later that he has quit drinking beer.
Here are a few examples of good gift suggestions.
- Knowing that your dad loves to cook but his cooking hasn't improved for a while, then getting him a cooking class experience would be a great idea.
- Let's say your dad works hard with his hands and works long hours. Maybe a pamper him gift set that includes, beard wash, hand cream, a massage heads tool, a cigar box and a dad jokes book would be a fun way to celebrate the father figure that he is to you.
- Another great idea is let's say your dad is bad at googling stuff, get him an Amazon Alexa so he can just ask it anything.
- Putting together a gift of various things that you know he doesn't have but will be very useful for him. For example, a power bank as his phone's battery life is always flat, a travel mug because he's always running late and never has time for his coffee, a credit card multi tool because he's always in need for small tools to improve his life, shaving cream because he's always shaving without it, a money clip as he always forgets his wallet, and that list can go on. Bottom line no one knows your dad better than you so get creative and think outside the box.
Are First Father's Day Gifts A Good Idea?
Absolutely! Even if he's not a father yet a surprise father's day gift for your unborn child can be a nice surprise and it could also help to prepare a young dad to get ready to welcome his new favourite child. First father's day gifts do not need to be too heartwarming but they should be memorable. For example, personalised gifts can make for the best father's day gifts because you can put the child's name and birthday on it. New dads will always be happy with a fathers day gift as it will be the first of many to come.
Dads celebrating father's day itself is a great achievement and milestone which should be cherished.
What Are Good Father's Day Gifts For My Father-In-Law?
The trick here is to treat your father-in-law just like your own father. Think about what his passions, hobbies and interests are before you start your fathers day gift shopping. Being a father he'll appreciate any thoughtful and heartfelt gift especially if it's from you. To determine what are good Father's Day gift ideas, we should first figure out if he's older or younger because the type of gifts will vary with age.
Next figure out 1-2 hobbies or things that interest him. Try to pick a gift that you know he'll love or something that you both can do together. Sharing an experience with your father-in-law can also be the perfect gift.
What Do I Get My Grandad For Father's Day?
To find your grandad the perfect father's day gift you should spend some time understanding him. Grandad can be just as hard to shop for unless yours is super cool. But we suggest sticking to the usual mugs, chocolates and grumpy old man gifts! You can also try these: everything pop, everything pa, or everything grandad. These are gifts that say pa, pop or grandad on them. Very cool and they usually do the trick.
Guide To Shopping Early For Father's Day Gifts
If you want to avoid the last-minute rush, it's best to start shopping early online or via retailers for the best Father's Day gifts. This way you can take your time to find the perfect present without feeling the pressure of time. Plus, you'll also have a better chance of finding those must-have items that are sure to sell out closer to the holiday. So start your search early and you'll be sure to find the best gift for dad.
Another major advantage to shopping early especially online is the long delivery times. Being an extremely large country, Australia can have some longer than expected delivery times if you live in a rural or country area. If you're personalised father's day gifts please keep in mind the turnaround time as this can contribute to your gifts arriving on time.
Please take note that couriers in Australia work tirelessly to deliver your parcels on time but due to recent natural events in Australia, you can expect some delays.
Guide To Father's Day Gift Wrapping & Presentation
Once you've found the best father's day gift ideas, it's time to start thinking about how you're going to present it. Here are a couple of tips and ideas on how you can turn your ordinary gift into an extraordinary one. If your dad is into cars, get him a cool car-themed gift wrap. You can easily find your recipient gifts online or in your local gift shop.
Another great idea is to a personalised fathers day gifts wrapping which contains your own message. This could be a quote, an inside joke or just a simple "I love you, daddy". Whatever you choose, make sure it's something that will put a smile on his face.
If you're not too creative with the wrapping paper, don't worry, there are plenty of ways you can make a simple gift look great. One way is to use ribbons and bows to decorate the present. You can also get creative with the packing by using different shaped boxes or even wrapping the present in a nice piece of fabric.
Whatever route you decide to go, make sure you put some thought into it and have fun with it. Your dad will appreciate the effort you've made and it'll make the gift that much more special.
Guide To Write A Heartfelt Father's Day Card
A great way to show your dad how much you love and appreciate him is by writing a heartfelt card. This doesn't have to be hard, just start with why you're thankful for him. It could be something as simple as "Thank you for always being there for me" or "I'm so grateful for everything you've done for me".
Another great way to write a sweet message is to think of a prominent memory that you have of your father and try to write about how that day or experience makes you feel today. The trick to writing a message to accompany the perfect fathers day gift is to write from the heart and remember you might need a couple of versions and edits to get it right.
If you're struggling to find the right words, don't worry, there are plenty of resources online that can help you. Just type in "Father's Day card messages" and you'll be sure to find something that fits.
The Fathers Day Gifts Guide Wrap Up
In Australia, Father’s Day is a holiday that celebrates fathers and fatherhood. Father's day gives kids the opportunity to show their fathers how much they appreciate all the things they do for them, which can be hard when you're busy with school, career and life in general. It's a day to spoil and pamper your dad by making him feel special while we celebrate all father's around the world.
We sincerely hope that this fathers day gift guide has helped you better understand how to find a gift for your dad. So what are you waiting for? Get shopping and make sure to give dad the best Father's Day gifts ever! And don't forget, if you're still stuck on what to get him, you can always check out our guide for a huge range of the best father's day gift ideas.